Spring is finally here! The days are getting longer and the weather’s getting warmer making it the perfect time to get your body in prime shape for summer. The first step to successfully doing this is making the decision to change certain aspects in your life. Check out our tips and tricks to make those changes happen so that you can emerge this summer with a svelte summer figure.
Check out our tips after the jump!
- Set A Schedule – Start waking up an hour early or going to the gym the second you get off work. Choose a time, make a commitment and it’ll work for your schedule. The only way it won’t work is if you give up, so stay dedicated, perhaps by doing it with a workout partner. If you don’t show up, it’s not only bad for you, but for your friendship.
- Buy New Workout Clothes – Get up and go shopping! Nothing motivates like some new workout clothes or shoes. Once you’ve got new duds you have to wear them. Especially if you spent the extra money in this economy, you’ll feel obligated to use them. And not only that, you’ll look super cute while shedding the pounds.
- Get Rid Of All The Junk From The Holidays – Still got some leftover pound cake from Aunt Edna in the freezer? Get rid of it. Nothing calls to you during a moment of weakness like the decadent goodness of some hidden sweets. Empty your life of all it’s temptations and then get back to the basics with healthy food and exercise.
- Book A Trip – No one wants to be the dumpy person in an exclusive resort. So book yourself a lavish trip to give you the motivation to get off your couch and onto a treadmill. You can lose those 15 pounds you’ve been talking about by June if you put your mind to it!
- Change Up Your Workout - Your body will get used to your workout routine so try something new. If you typically do the elliptical, try a spin class or run on the treadmill. The variety will confuse your muscles and cause your body to burn more fat, and isn’t that why you’re going to the gym in the first place?
- Drink Plenty Of Fluids – Soft drinks are not apart of a healthy diet, no matter how you put it. Replace your juices and soft drinks with water and watch the contours of your body change. Not only that, your skin will look better and you’ll feel better when you exercise. A lot of the time people confuse dehydration with hunger pains. Are you one of these people?
- Think Positively - You’ll never succeed at your weight loss plans if you’re not positive. Tell yourself that you can reach your goals because you can, so stick with it. Nothing worth doing is easy, but once it’s completed, all the hard work will be something you can look back on and feel accomplished!
Try these tips and let us know if they work for you. Now get up out of your seat and get your workout groove on!