All That Talk About Beef Stew – Here’s a recipe!
After talking on the air today about how good a brown beef stew would be for dinner, I got a bunch of calls from hungry listeners who agreed with me. Do we have good taste, or what? So, I went on line and found a recipe for Beef Stew at BigOven.com, and it’s gotten rave reviews.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds Beef stew meat cut into 1″cubes
- 1/4 cups onion chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 6 cups beef broth
- 2 large Russet potatoes cubed
- 1 pound baby carrots
1. In a stock pot over medium heat, add the vegetable oil. Season the beef with salt and pepper (to your liking) . Brown the meat for about 6 to 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
2. Add the onions, celery and garlic. Continue to cook until the vegetables are wilted and golden (about 6 minutes). Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
3. Add the stock, deglaze the pan if needed. Add the potatoes and carrots. Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer, coer and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is very tender, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove 1 cup of stew into a blender and blend to make a thick rue. Add the rue back into the stew and let thicken. Season to taste.
Servings: 6 Servings
There ya go! Oh, don’t forget the crusty bread, parmesean cheese, and a good Cabernet!