Everyone has their secret for making a great Margarita, but we’ve got the scoop! There’s plenty of ways to make a Margarita, but we’ve narrowed down the best recipes so you can celebrate National Margarita Day at home!
Check out the recipes after the jump!
The Perfect Margarita
- Salt, for rimming the glass (optional)
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila (blanco, 100 percent agave)
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau (not Triple Sec)
- If using salt, place in a shallow dish. Moisten the rim of a rocks glass with a dampened paper towel, then dip in salt.
- Fill the glass with ice; add tequila, lime juice, and Cointreau; and stir a few times until chilled. Serve immediately.
- 1.5 oz. tequila
- 1/2 tsp. Crystal Light powdered drink mix, Raspberry Ice
- 5 oz. water
- 1 oz. lime juice
- Optional: lime slice for garnish and salt or no-calorie sweetener for rim of glass
- If desired, run some lime juice along the rim of the glass and dip into a dish of salt or sweetener.
- Combine all ingredients, mix well, and serve over ice. Or, for a frozen one, place all ingredients (dissolve Crystal Light in water first) in a blender with 1 cup crushed ice, and blend on high until well mixed.
Source: Hungry Girl
Frozen Cactus Pear Margaritas
- 9 ounces white tequila
- 4 ounces orange-flavored liqueur (recommended: Cointreau)
- 4 ounces cactus pear juice, plus more for the rim
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups crushed ice
- Coarse salt, optional
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Place tequila, orange liqueur, cactus pear juice, lime juice, and ice in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Carefully pour a few ounces of cactus pear juice onto a plate and a few ounces of salt onto another plate.
- Dip the rim of each margarita glass into the juice and then into the salt.
- Pour margaritas into each glass and garnish with a lime wedge.